Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A change of scenery



After a year in California, I decided to start applying for other positions. My job was pretty good, but Rachel was unable to find work, and we still felt like our life was a temporary situation. I wasn't looking for any new job at all, but something that might take us back home.

In December, I applied for a position at the University of Minnesota. I heard nothing in response and forgot about it. Then, in February, they reached out to me for a video interview. In March, they asked me to come out to Minneapolis. If nothing else, it was a free trip and a chance to visit the place I thought of as home. (I hadn't been back since a weekend in September 2009, when I was still trying to sell our old house.)

So, May 4 finds me admiring the mountain view from the Salt Lake City airport, on my way back to Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment